by Padma Jyoti
This guide is to support you – leaders and managers in Nepali businesses – to manage and grow your businesses in a responsible way.
Strategic Leadership and Management
“Responsible business is about strategic leadership. The Managing Director and other senior leaders need to take a committed stance on managing and growing the business in a responsible way.”
Stakeholders are individuals or groups that affect, or are affected by, your business. They include, of course, the companies’ owners and customers, and they also include workers, suppliers, neighbouring communities, and civil society organisations.
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Customers: Building Responsible Brands
- Workers: Dialogue, Productivity and Safety
- Suppliers: Enhancing quality, reliability and distinctiveness of your supply chain
- Local Communities: Being good neighbours
- Investors: Attracting responsible finance
- Academia: Research and teaching for business
Becoming Environmentally Efficient
Taking care of the environment is an important part of responsible business.
Building Integrity in your Business
Values are fundamental to responsible business and it is important to be clear about them.
Collective Business Action
“Some issues benefit from businesses working together, to address them.”